Staying Safe and Healthy for Immune Suppressed Patients in 2021
Staying safe and healthy for immune suppressed patients. Being on certain medications, especially if you have an immune disease, pre or post transplant patient where you are prescribed anti rejection immune suppressant medications. Those patients need to especially stay away from germs, the flu and Covid. Covid could give patients great consequences. So it’s important to keep safe and healthy not only our physical body, but our mental, emotional and spiritual bodies. Here are a few listed suggestions.
- Follow the rules of your state and/or county.
- Wear your mask and double up.
- Wash hands
- Hand Sanitizer – your favorite friend
- Make sure you get plenty of exercise, by taking walks or exercise routine in your home.
- Keep your weight in check
- Turn up the music! Let’s Dance!
- Join a online support group
- Keep social gatherings to a minimal
- Shop online and use grocery pick up or delivery
- Get creative with your family; play card and board games, puzzles, paint and color.
- What are your talents? play an instrument? Sing? Crochet or Knit?
- Take all your medications as prescribed
- Cook healthy meals
- Drink plenty of water
- Get plenty of rest
- Find a moment of peace
- Make your blessing count
- Say your prayers or thanks
- If you need help reach out and ask
- Get your Flu & Covid Vaccinations
- Continue to go to your Doctor’s appointments
- Advocate for yourself
- Spend quality time with your significant other
- Be kind to yourself
We might be in stay in orders for the remainder of the year, maybe until next year. For the immune suppressed could be longer. We hope for freedom soon, but patients NEED to continue to stay safe.